Advanced Surgery Cadaver Skills in GI Surgery (ASiCS) Course
This 2 day Cadaver course will be held in the Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre (CASC) based at in the University of Glasgow and aims to give intense hands on practical training in upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery to surgical trainees.
This course leads each trainee into the background principles of each operation using short lectures on operative technique that are then reinforced by hands on cadaveric experience in small groups. The faculty will include colorectal and upper gastrointestinal surgeons allowing the trainee easy interaction to maximise their learning opportunities. In addition, a clinical anatomist will be on hand to explain the anatomical principles behind each operation.
The course is aimed at ST3-6 level and delegates should have completed a BaSiCS course or have a letter of support from their programme director that they are at an appropriate stage in their training for this course. There is also opportunity for a small number of ST1 and ST2 level delegates to view the course.
Providing hands on experience using cadaveric material, this 2 day course will include:
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Perforated duodenal ulcer
- Introduction to staplers
- Open gastrojejunostomy
- Open right hemicolectomy with hand-sewn anastomosis
- Subtotal colectomy and Hartmann's procedure
This course will run on:
Closing dates for this course are:
- for June Course - 17th May 2017
- for December Course - 15th November 2017
Fees for this course are:
- Full fee - £700
- RCPSG Fellow/Member fee - £625
- Observer fee - £175 (please contact us by phone to book as an observer)
- from Wed, 14 Jun 2017 to Thu, 15 Jun 2017