Basic Surgery Cadaver Skills (BaSiCS) Course
This course will be held in the Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre (CASC) based at the University of Glasgow.
The course is aimed at CT2/ ST2 level and will cover areas of the ISCP curriculum required for entry to ST3. Candidates should have previously undertaken a Basic Surgical Skills course.
Providing hands on experience using cadaveric material, this 2 day course will include:
- Benign skin lesions
- Open and Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Port insertion and laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic/open appendicectomy
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Lichtenstein hernia repair
- Abdominal incisions
- Small bowel resection/anastomosis
- Laparotomy closure
- Approach to the femoral artery
- Groin dissection
This course will run on:
- 16th and 17th November 2017 Book now
Closing date is:
- 19th October 2017
The fees for this course are:
- Full fee - £625
- RCPSG Fellow/Member Fee - £550
This will be a hands on cadaver course therefore places are limited to 12. Book now to avoid disappointment.
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017