The Clinical Anatomy Skills Centre is a top of the range, purpose built Centre. It is one of the UK’s largest cadaveric training resources incorporating a variety of laboratory and lecture facilities.
Facilities at CASC include:
The centre incorporates:
- 10 bespoke stainless steel surgical anatomy tables
- Custom designed table fittings for better cadaver positioning
- 20 bespoke storage cabinets
- 10 bespoke instrument trolleys
- a wide selection of the highest quality surgical instruments
The centre has a completely flexible layout with no fixed tables.
The 10 bespoke stainless steel anatomy tables can be moved to allow an additional 20 stations to be incorporated in laboratory areas.
Minimal Access Surgery
The laboratory is equipped with 10 states of the art minimal access surgery stacks incorporating high definition cameras, hight resolution wide-screen monitors, true LED light technology for clearer vision, and facilities for recording and reviewing any procedure that has been performed. Wall mounted monitors linked to the teaching station are available at each station along with a full range of laparoscopic operating instruments.
Each station is equipped with:
- a 42 inch wall mounted high definition monitor that can be connected to endoscopic equipment, external cameras and other devices as required.
- dual projection, radio microphone, PC, internet and theatre cameras.
- High definition inputs endoscopes, external cameras, and other devices
- High definition screens and projectors
Video conferencing facilities are available from within the laboratory, enabling live broadcasts to external sites.
- The Centre is located in a bright, spacious setting incorporating a naturally lit heritage-listed ceiling.
- Modern changing facilities and disabled access are available to all visitors to the centre.
"This Centre fills a gap in clinical skills and anatomy teaching from the basic to the highest levels of sophistication in surgical specialties, medical specialties and dentistry."