HOW TO GET HERE ...
Glasgow International Airport
- 7 miles west of the University
- Bus service to the west end of Glasgow which stops minutes from the University
- Taxi fare to West End costs approximately £20
- Direct flight connections to all major European hubs, plus North America and the Middle East
Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- 22 miles south west of the University
- Own rail station
- Bus service to city centre
Edinburgh International Airport
- 42 miles east of the University
- 48-minute train ride to Glasgow (depart every 15 minutes during peak hours)
- Buchanan Bus Station is the main terminus for long distance coaches. Timetables at www.travelinescotland.com
- Intercity links to all major cities. Frequent services to Edinburgh (50 minutes) and London (5 hours). There are two city-centre terminals, Glasgow Queen Street and Glasgow Central (served by Buchanan St and St Enoch subway stations respectively). Timetables at www.travelinescotland.com
- Motorway links provide access to major UK cities. Visit Transport Direct for maps and directions.
- From Carlisle, Newcastle and the south, exit M74 on to the M73, joining the M8 at the Old Monkland junction. M8 exits for the University are J18 if travelling from the south, Edinburgh and the north and J19 if coming from Glasgow Airport and the west. Other main routes serving the University include Great Western Road (A82, north of campus), Clydeside Expressway (A814, south) and Byres Road (B808, west). Car parking on the University campus and surrounding area is extremely difficult.